Sunday, July 15, 2012

Tomato Time!

Jamie Stoneham picks her tomatoes
I'm so so excited that it is tomato time finally!  I just hate that squirrels like our tomatoes as much as we do.  Any suggestions on how to keep them from eating our tomatoes? My favorite summertime salad is definitely the Caprese Salad. Easy easy recipe!

Caprese Salad



Ingredients:
Tomato
Basil leaves
Mozzarella
olive oil
balsamic vinegar
salt

Slice up some basil (fresh from our garden), tomato (it was unfortunately half eaten by a squirrel. It probably should have stayed on the vine another day, but I didn't want more of it to be eaten), and fresh mozzarella (from Jungle Jim's - made in house). Then just sprinkle a little sea salt, olive oil and Balsamic Vinegar on top. Viola!  You have the best summer easy snack!

Whole Wheat Bread - one more hour of house work for Les!
 I also got the urge to bake some bread. Nothing better than fresh bed with cheese, tomatoes and basil. Yum!  This is a whole wheat bread - No Knead from Jim Lahey.  I recommend his book so much especially if you are busy and don't have time to knead. You just have to let it rise for about 18 hours.
 
Carrots and so much Red Russian Kale I don't know what to do with it!

We also have carrots ready and so so much kale. If you would like some kale please let me know and I'll be sure to pass it on!
Garden - June, 2012

Garden -  July 15, 2012 - I can't believe how much it has grown


Sunflowers are coming quick

Tomatoes - trying something new. Let's see how this method works.

Latte Tastiness from the Les-meister

No comments: