Saturday, March 7, 2009

Pesto, Hollandaise, hardboiled egg Sandwich

When I made that delicious Vegetarian Eggs Benedict, I had a lot hollandaise sauce left over. So what can you do with it?? Make a sandwich!

  • Multigrain Bread (from Flourish, I am interning there and helped bake this bread, but I can't share their secret recipe... sorry.. but it's good!!)
  • Hollandaise Sauce (look for recipe on previous blog)
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tbsp pesto (I used my mom's homemade pesto. You'll have to ask her about it...)
  • lettuce (got from my CSA box from Farmer Tom's CSA)
This is a quick and easy sandwich! Slice the bread. Smear pesto on one piece of bread. Smear the refrigerated hollandaise sauce (now should be the consistency of spreadable butter) on the other. Hard boil an egg about 12 minutes so that it the egg yolk isn't completely chalky yet, but it's cooked through. Slice the egg and place on sandwich with the lettuce. Perfecto!

No comments: