- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 really ripe mashed bananas (if you have bananas that became too ripe to eat. Don't throw away. Place them in the freezer until you are ready to bake.)
- 4 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp plain organic yogurt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
Grease muffin pan and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix together flour, sugars, cinnamon, baking soda, and baking powder in one bowl.
Then mash up bananas in another bowl with egg whites, vanilla extract and yogurt.
Add the two mixtures together until mixed completely. It's best if you have a whisk (I unfortunately don't have this).
Put batter in 12 muffin pans, filling them about 2/3 full. Bake for about 20 minutes or until the inside is done (you can check with a toothpick. If there is uncooked dough on the toothpick after you poke the middle, it's not done.)