Monday, March 4, 2013

CashewFest Continuing

So now that we made this delicious Curried Mushroom Cashew Pâté, what do we do with it?  Make some pizza of course.

This time I used Jim Lahey's No-Knead Pizza dough recipe from  My Bread: The Revolutionary No-Work, No-Knead Method. Yum! I think, however, I like my trusty traditional pizza dough recipe from Peter Reinhart's Bread Baker's Apprentice a little better, but Jim Lahey's  is easier to do.

It's all about the toppings though. I don't typically make my pizzas with red sauce. It seems to distract from all the other fabulous tastes. Since we had so many cashews we decided to use them as a topping for our pizza also.

Cashew Pear Pizza
  • Bosc Pears - from Madison's at Findlay Market
  • Fontina Cheese - from Silverglades at Findlay Market
  • Blue Cheese - from Silverglades at Findlay Market
  • Rosemary - from our garden
  • Olive Oil - from our Honeymoon to Italy
  • Arugula - from Gorman Heritage Farm (GHF)
  • Cashews - from Rachel Maher (thanks!)
Bacon Mushroom Pâté Pizza
  • Curried Mushroom Cashew Pâté
  • Bacon - from GHF
  • Caramelized onions - from Madison's at Findlay Market
  • Sauteed baby sweet peppers - from Madison's at Findlay Market
  • Fontina Cheese - From Silverglades at Findlay Market




No comments: