This time I used Jim Lahey's No-Knead Pizza dough recipe from My Bread: The Revolutionary No-Work, No-Knead Method. Yum! I think, however, I like my trusty traditional pizza dough recipe from Peter Reinhart's Bread Baker's Apprentice a little better, but Jim Lahey's is easier to do.
It's all about the toppings though. I don't typically make my pizzas with red sauce. It seems to distract from all the other fabulous tastes. Since we had so many cashews we decided to use them as a topping for our pizza also.
Cashew Pear Pizza
- Bosc Pears - from Madison's at Findlay Market
- Fontina Cheese - from Silverglades at Findlay Market
- Blue Cheese - from Silverglades at Findlay Market
- Rosemary - from our garden
- Olive Oil - from our Honeymoon to Italy
- Arugula - from Gorman Heritage Farm (GHF)
- Cashews - from Rachel Maher (thanks!)
- Curried Mushroom Cashew Pâté
- Bacon - from GHF
- Caramelized onions - from Madison's at Findlay Market
- Sauteed baby sweet peppers - from Madison's at Findlay Market
- Fontina Cheese - From Silverglades at Findlay Market